Jerk Chicken + Rum Punch
Jerk Chicken Wings
- 5 lb chicken wings
- 5-6 Scallion stalks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. allspice
- 5 fresh jalapeno peppers, minced 2 tbsp. of fresh thyme
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 bag arugula (for garnish)
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- Small bag of cherries, pitted
- 1 cup Orange juice
- 1 cup Pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup White rum
- 1⁄4 cup Dark rum
DIRECTIONS: (Jerk Chicken Wings)
- Wash and pat chicken wings dry, set aside
- Wash and roughly chop scallions
- Peel garlic
- Chop jalapenos in half, remove seeds
- Add scallions, garlic, jalapenos, bay leaves, allspice, thyme, lime juice and vinegar to food processor or blender and mix until fully incorporated. All pieces mixed adequately.
- Put chicken wings into large Ziploc bag, pour marinade into the bag and close. Toss chicken in bag to ensure every piece is coated. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once allotted time has passed, pull chicken from fridge and heat oven to 400 degrees or grill to medium-high
- Arrange the chicken on a cookie sheet in a single layer, cook for 25 mins. Flip.
- Cook for additional 20 minutes, until crispy.
DIRECTIONS: (Rum Punch):
- Peel and slice pineapple and oranges
- Pit cherries, put aside
- Into a pitcher fill halfway with ice, add cherries on top
- Pour in orange juice
- Pour in pineapple juice
- Add white rum, then dark rum
- Stir – Enjoy!